What's new

USB Unmounted

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

Recently I’m experiencing this issue where adblocking via diversion stops working and when I check outer GUI it says USB not mounted. It’s a USB 3.0 stick, I moved it to USB 2.0 port and it was ok for a few days but now again same thing. Router is RT-AC68U and I’ve got diversions and skynet installed. It was working fine up until few weeks ago even on USB3.0 port on the router. Usually happens after a router reboot and gets fixed if I reboot again. Any ideas?

A couple of years ago I saw the same problems with a RT-AC66U. I had previously noted that the USB stick got quite hot, and wondered if that was relevant.

So I inserted a 15cm (6 inch) USB extension cable between the router and the stick. The cable acted as a sort of heat sink, and the USB stick ran noticeably cooler than before.

The connectivity problems disappeared.

Of course it could have been coincidence, but it this is something I would try again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!