What's new

USB3.0 device not connected when Reducing USB3.0 interference disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Milan

when i disabe "Reducing USB3.0 interference" for 2.4GHz Wifi, then device connected to USB3.0 port stop working, on the main page is shown as No device. When enabled then device is working fine.

running ASUSWRTMerlin 380.63_2 on RT-AC68U.

is it bug or i missed smthing ?

Are you sure it's not the opposite? Enabling this option will cause compatibility issues with a lot of USB 3.0 devices that will fail to fallback to 2.0 protocols. This is normal, nothing that can be done about it. This setting is a hack.

When the GUI reports that the drive is "Unmounted", try disconnecting/reconnecting the drive physically from the router, this always works for my when the GUI reports the drive is unmounted while it is plugged in.

this state means enabled or ?
upload_2016-11-25_21-30-0.png

This is enabled. In this mode, a lot of USB disks will fail to work properly.
in my case my WD passport stop working in disable state :)
when disabled then higher speeds on USB3 if i understand correctly

In that case, make sure you use a quality USB 3.0 cable with it, as it might have stability issues with a cheaper cable.

Hi. I had the same troubles. Once after updating firmware router will not started correctly and i made factory reset. And after that my 3Tb hdd working properly with USB3.0

I have Rt-AC68U I've had lots of trouble connecting usb 3 drives to the usb 3 slot. I thought I was hooped and stuck in the usb 2 slot as they all seem to work that way. Then I found the interference setting and disabled it and now flawless usb 3 mount and performance .

This is enabled. In this mode, a lot of USB disks will fail to work properly.

So with this setting set to 'Enabled', will it ensure the best wireless performance on 2.4 GHz?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!