What's new

usb3-port1: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ubimo

Very Senior Member
Hello
Today, I noticed some strange entries in my syslog:

Code:
Feb  7 03:04:11 kernel: usb usb3-port1: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...
Feb  7 03:04:11 kernel: usb 3-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
Feb  7 03:04:11 kernel: cdc_ether 3-1:1.0 eth7: unregister 'cdc_ether' usb-ehci-platform.0-1, CDC Ethernet Device
Feb  7 03:04:11 hotplug: remove net eth7.
Feb  7 03:04:12 kernel: usb 4-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using ohci-platform
Feb  7 03:04:12 kernel: usb 4-1: not running at top speed; connect to a high speed hub
Feb  7 03:04:12 kernel: cdc_ether 4-1:1.0 eth7: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-ohci-platform.0-1, CDC Ethernet Device, 00:1e:10:1f:00:00
Feb  7 03:04:12 hotplug: add net eth7.
Feb  7 03:04:12 hotplug: set net eth7.

I have a AC86U with latest Merlin FW and a USB 3.0 stick in the 3.0 port for the swap file. (Diversion, Skynet, unbound) and a USB-LTE stick in port 2.0 for failover.
Can someone please enlighten me with these entries? Should I be concerned?

Your USB-LTE stick disconnected and then reconnected. My guess is that this is something the LTE stick does and not a problem with the router.

Hello, I didn't want to create new thread so I might get the answer her. Can someone confirm that using ASUS-MERLIN 386.4 on RT-AC68U I can share and access the USB disk outside my internal lan? Before installing Merlin software I was able to do that and it was quiet simple with original ASUS firmware, but now I stuck of trying. I enabled "Cloud Disk" "Smart Access" "AiCloud 2.0" "Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" "FTP Share" and turned ON WAN access. But still can't reach the files from outside (for example using my mobile phone internet). What I am doing wrong? Or what settings could effect that I can't reach? There is an APP on mobile phone called "AiCloud" but no luck to add the drive using manual or quick setup. I have installed AdBlocker Diversion with pixelserv-tls, nothing else.

I manage to find it by myself. pixelserv-tls uses 443 port, and by default AiDisk uses the same port. Reinstalling Diversion I got that notification to change it to 9443, I agreed, and then manually connected using 9443 port. SO if someone will have the same issue just change the port.