What's new

Useless Amazon Reviews

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mreg376

Occasional Visitor
I love Amazon, but has anyone noticed how useless Amazon reviews and questions/answers are when the same manufacturer sells more that one model of a similar product? Looking at the Netgear R7800 reviews and questions, they mix them all together with all the other models, and of course many of the questions seem like they're being asked by a 6-year old. You can do a search of reviews by key word, but even that brings up different model reviews. Really a waste of time.

I love Amazon, but has anyone noticed how useless Amazon reviews and questions/answers are when the same manufacturer sells more that one model of a similar product? Looking at the Netgear R7800 reviews and questions, they mix them all together with all the other models, and of course many of the questions seem like they're being asked by a 6-year old. You can do a search of reviews by key word, but even that brings up different model reviews. Really a waste of time.
Yeah. I noticed that also. I was looking for a new 8 port switch and saw the same reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Choose “See all reviews” and then scroll down a little to the drop down boxes. Under “Filter By” click on the the drop down box “All Formats”. You can choose “show only reviews” for the model you’re considering.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• CF57EAA6-6D68-4717-835E-75729321A21B.jpeg
    CF57EAA6-6D68-4717-835E-75729321A21B.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 610
Choose “See all reviews” and then scroll down a little to the drop down boxes. Under “Filter By” click on the the drop down box “All Formats”. You can choose “show only reviews” for the model you’re considering.

Hope that helps.
It does, thanks, and I've done that. It would just be much faster and more logical for Amazon to separate the reviews according to the product you're looking at. Duh. Does anyone looking at the product page for the R7800 want to see reviews, and have those included in the overall review rating conspicuously posted, for the R8000 or the AC1900? Don't think so.

I wasn't talking about reliability per se, but rather Amazon's refusal to separate reviews by the product on the page you are viewing.

I understand your original post but I wanted to share this additional information with others.

Because of the large number of generated/poor reviews on Amazon, I use Fakespot all the time.

It does, thanks, and I've done that. It would just be much faster and more logical for Amazon to separate the reviews according to the product you're looking at. Duh. Does anyone looking at the product page for the R7800 want to see reviews, and have those included in the overall review rating conspicuously posted, for the R8000 or the AC1900? Don't think so.
I understand your original post but I wanted to share this additional information with others.

Because of the large number of generated/poor reviews on Amazon, I use Fakespot all the time.
I agree. That’s a helpful site to help root out fake reviewers.

Thanks for sharing.

And since you posted it I've already used it too. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!