What's new

[Solved] User defined priority qos missing after firmware upgrade on rt-ac750

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D-Zs

New Around Here
I was helping my sister with her wifi. She only has a 15/1mbit connection, and everytime one of her kids uploaded a video to snapchat and such, the connection would drop and pings were above 3000.

So I managed to fix it by setting the upload to 40% in the user-defined priority QoS. Then I noticed that a new firmware was available, so I updated the router, and now the user defined priority QoS is gone!

I am able to set the QoS for upload and download but only as mb/s which isn't useful, as I need to make it 400 kb/s.

I have tried to find older firmware, and downgraded to **3.0.0.4.380\_7378** which was the oldest version I could find, but the function is still missing.

Any tips as to how I can restrict the upload to 40% in some other way, or perhaps know where I can find even older firmware than I have found already?

Post a screenshot of your QoS page. The settings should definitely still exist, however they might have moved since that very old 380_xxxx firmware.

I do not recommend running an older firmware, as you will expose your network to a number of security issues that have been resolved over the years.

Post a screenshot of your QoS page. The settings should definitely still exist, however they might have moved since that very old 380_xxxx firmware.

I do not recommend running an older firmware, as you will expose your network to a number of security issues that have been resolved over the years.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I finally got it working last night :)

Hey, I just updated to the latest firmware and only to notice that QOS and Parental Control are missing.
How did you solve it? Or did you "downgrade" the firmware?

This is the first time that I did an upgrade of firmware and lost feature.

Traffic Analyzer
Adaptive QoS

I can't find these feature in this new firmware.

1609047590455.png

Did you reset the router to factory defaults after flashing the firmware you wanted to try? Without using a saved backup config file?