What's new

User Script needed to run Emby/Plex/Kodi outside of OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nologic

New Around Here
I currently have a script that works just fine for Aria & qBittorent...going through the OpenVPN tunnel via AirVPN.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#  ///////////////////////////////
#  // Tunnel 4
# ///////////////////////////////

# Media Center - Aria
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun14 -p udp -d 192.168.1.104 --dport 36570 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun14 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.104 --dport 36570 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun14 -p tcp --dport 36570 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.104
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun14 -p udp --dport 36570 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.104

# Media Center - qBittorrent
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun14 -p udp -d 192.168.1.104 --dport 36571 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i tun14 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.104 --dport 36571 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun14 -p tcp --dport 36571 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.104
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun14 -p udp --dport 36571 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.104

However I haven't been able to have any success doing the same with Emby (mediacenter app)...the only time I'm able to access it via WAN is when I have the OpenVPN tunnel disabled...and do standard port forwarding via the Web Interface...is there anyway for Emby or any other app to go around the VPN while it's enabled?

To be clear I'm looking for info that would allow only a few ports on a system to be directed at the ISP...while keeping all the other ports facing the VPN.

I admit my google-fu is weak...as the past few hours haven't turned up the answer I was looking for...or if it did...I completely missed it.

Been pulling my hair out...and only got a thin strip now going from ear to ear...hope someone can help or point me in the right direction...winter is coming...hehe and it's bound to be cold..so I need all the hair I can save. :)

Thanks a head of time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!