What's new

Using 2 x USB Drives on ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Moshtin

New Around Here
Is there any performance hit using both USB drives for wireless streaming to other devices around the house. I have a 4tb and a 2tb and just wondering if anyone has had any issues before I venture behind the TV and have a look myself.

Thanks

**sorry its an ac86u**

Last edited:
Most likely you could run out of memory and the Asus router could crash/restart. Reading video files seems to go easier than writing. EXT3 file system may be better than NTFS. I've recently switched from a 1 TB EXT3 USB2 drive to a 1 TB NTFS USB2 drive with no ill effect. With your 4 TB drive you may be pushing the limit of what Asus can read.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.

So far the 4tb has been fine (and just to confirm it's a ac86u - not the ac68u in the header I mistakenly put)

The 4tb is in the USB 3 slot and just wondering if I added a 2tb into the USB slot how much a performance hit that could be.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!