What's new

Using CloudFlare DNS IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dkasseb

New Around Here
Hello, I learned about CloudFlare's DNS (1.1.1.1) from watching various Youtube video. It's supposed to help speed up your Internet experience. I plugged it in to my WAN settings and it seems to work. However, I do see that my ASUS router reports that the Internet Status is DISCONNECTED, yet I am still able to browse the internet. Anyone have the same experience?

Hello, I learned about CloudFlare's DNS (1.1.1.1) from watching various Youtube video. It's supposed to help speed up your Internet experience. I plugged it in to my WAN settings and it seems to work. However, I do see that my ASUS router reports that the Internet Status is DISCONNECTED, yet I am still able to browse the internet. Anyone have the same experience?
I have not heard of this one before. Makes me wonder if ISP is hijacking DNS?

Use ipleak.net and dnsleak.com to verify DNS.

Try to set it back to the DNS you used before. Then, set DNS manually in your client (e.g. iOS, windows, etc). Then see if 1.1.1.1 works.

Try Quad9 e.g. 9.9.9.9 to see what happens.

What router and firmware version are you using?

Reboot solved this problem for me when I once saw it happen. UI glitch?

758ba104655a443ba12a2fccdb035ebb.jpg