What's new

Using two R7800 in AP mode causing dropped connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I finally figured the problem of WPA authentication failures, after about 5 days of fooling around with VLAN configs, resetting Edgerouter, checking cables etc., and its something I should have checked first. It didn't ring a bell as I haven't had this issue before.

Turns out the band with channel 42 80MHz band has some major interference, started about 1-2 weeks back. I have had to move my AP's to other channels outside of this band.

As it turns out, the Omada APs can not use DFS channels for some reason, so I had to reinstall the r7800s again. This time around I installed Openwrt and set up my Vlans on the r7800 APs. Only one Omada EAP235-wall in use now ....

The last few days have been pure hell, with everyone in the home upset at the loss of/intermittent wifi.

Can't say what's causing the interference on channels 36 - 48, I don't see any hidden wifi APs in this range. Maybe a neighbor got upset and started jamming .... or is it my Vivint alarm panel stuck to the farthest EAP ....

I do love those R7800s! from about 15' ft away.

Capture.JPG

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!