What's new

v and RT-AC68U AI Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

phlojo

New Around Here
Hello all,

I have an RT-AX88U as my main router running latest merlin (3868_8) and two RT-AC68U routers running latest merlin (386.7_2).
I can't seem to be able to add the AC68Us as nodes. I reset them and all and i am able to discover them and start the add node process, but when it reaches the end it fails.
DO I have to downgrade my AX88U to be the same firmware like the AC68Us, and try again?
Thoughts? Help!

Current wisdom is to run the straight Asus code on the Nodes.

Thoughts? Help!

Wireless node discovery doesn't work in Asuswrt-Merlin and you don't need Asuswrt-Merlin on your nodes. Please, read the multiple threads around discussing this very same issue and the possible workarounds.

Hello all,

I have an RT-AX88U as my main router running latest merlin (3868_8) and two RT-AC68U routers running latest merlin (386.7_2).
I can't seem to be able to add the AC68Us as nodes. I reset them and all and i am able to discover them and start the add node process, but when it reaches the end it fails.
DO I have to downgrade my AX88U to be the same firmware like the AC68Us, and try again?
Thoughts? Help!
Try to link AX88U LAN port to AC68U WAN port, then retry discover. Once configured, you can unlink and go wifi. It worked for me

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online