What's new

Verizon 551L Modem & AX88U Don't Pair

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ihoman202

Occasional Visitor
My Verizon USB551L USB Modem seems to be having some issues on ASUS Routers - it just says disconnected on the ASUS Router - AX88U on the latest firmware - it's not stock but Merlin Based. It works Great On The PC - Windows 10 But Oddly Wont Work With ASUS AX88U
I followed this snbforum post below and to no avail it doesn't work. Kind of defeats the purpose given what I need to use it for. I'm probably missing a setting right in front of me - and that's been the case far too often. A simple thing I am missing because I tend to over think it. So please forgive me in advanced if it's something incredibly simple and stupid for a post. I'm in tech school too and my class mates, my professor and my life long mentor who got me started in this field are also stumped so I thought I would reach out here for help on this one - given that I am using Merlin Firmware - don't think calling ASUS would help - they would know ASAP that I'm using Merlin and who knows what ASUS might due to me for using non stuck firmware - ASUS's should actually take hints from this project about what we the power users want in a firmware + everyone here makes it easy to understand each other not to mention this community is actually very helpful.

Last edited:
I dont use it, but I would assume it's close source, so basically same as stock.
if anything, I would say just load the stock firmware, reset and test.
if it works on stock > load merlin's and see if it works

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!