What's new

CakeQOS Version 1.0.8 When cake is Stopped (script opt 2) it re-enables itself after about 3 - 4 mins

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don->

Regular Contributor
I have been trying to disable Cake-qos to allow me to test my bandwidth with no overheads or extras. i.e. A basic vanilla speedtest at intervals throughout the day. I check the status of Cake using script option 3 then 3 again. within 5 mins Cake-qos is running again without my intervention. I do have spdMerlin (v4.1.1) in the background performing the speedtest.

I have read in some of the threads about an auto re-start function, but I do not know if that has made it into version 1.0.8 So I'm trying to clarify if this expected behaviour ?

Many thanks

Don

I have been trying to disable Cake-qos to allow me to test my bandwidth with no overheads or extras. i.e. A basic vanilla speedtest at intervals throughout the day. I check the status of Cake using script option 3 then 3 again. within 5 mins Cake-qos is running again without my intervention. I do have spdMerlin (v4.1.1) in the background performing the speedtest.

I have read in some of the threads about an auto re-start function, but I do not know if that has made it into version 1.0.8 So I'm trying to clarify if this expected behaviour ?

Many thanks

Don

Hi Don,

I am running 1.0.8 with the latest Beta, and have mine set to stop and it never restarts (even after reboot).

1615566068644.png

The auto-restart will only kick-in if you have Cake-QoS set to Start vs. Stop (like myself).

Cheers

Hi Don,

I am running 1.0.8 with the latest Beta, and have mine set to stop and it never restarts (even after reboot).

View attachment 31888

The auto-restart will only kick-in if you have Cake-QoS set to Start vs. Stop (like myself).

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback

I will await the Beta making it into GR and retest.

Don

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!