What's new

Very Slow Wifi AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt Sears

New Around Here
I have just upgraded from an AC68U to an AC86U.
I setup the 86U with the exact same settings (at least I think they are) as the 68U, however the Wifi speed is incredibly slow, anything connected via Ethernet downloads at full speed. If I reconnect my 68U everything (Ethernet & Wifi) downloads fast.
I am sure it must be a setting somewhere but I just cant seem to find what setting it is.
The 86U is running the latest Merlin build and the 68U is running a 3 month old build (not sure of build number and cant check as not at home).

Any help would truly be appreciated.

Thank you

I have just upgraded from an AC68U to an AC86U.
I setup the 86U with the exact same settings (at least I think they are) as the 68U, however the Wifi speed is incredibly slow, anything connected via Ethernet downloads at full speed. If I reconnect my 68U everything (Ethernet & Wifi) downloads fast.
Not a lot of detail but let's take a wild guess anyway. If I remember right the 86U, by default, tries to set both radios up under a single service name.

You might try setting up two "guest" services, one for each (2.4 & 5 GHz) radio and then play with each separately. You might just find one or the other works fine thus being able to fine tune your trouble shooting just a bit?

Did you import from a file the settings to the 86U from the 68U or manually input them? Are your antennas positioned correctly? Is there nearby wifi interference?

Thank you for the replies. I have now managed to solve the problem. I switched on the adaptive QOS and everything started working. I still am not sure why this worked but it did.

Thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!