What's new

Very stupid question about LCD screen in a NAS.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leondante

New Around Here
Hello, I have a WD Sentinel DX4000 NAS server in which I installed Rockstor (CentOS based). This little 'pebble' has a small screen wher it shows different messages. I went to some kind of a hell of path to make it work with Rockstor, and now I would like to make that screen works, at least for showing the text 'Rockstor' and not a 'Loading lots of blablabla' all the time, and the power light blinking forever. Can you help me to make it change this? Someone could tell me where to look for some solution? I'll appreciate it. I know this doesn't matter, but I'll love to solve it. Thank you for helping me.

PD: Please, if this is not the correct thread, move it where it belongs. Sorry.

Depends on how WD did the screen - some drive it from USB, some from GPIO...

If usb, lcdproc is a good place to start - might have to build from source if it's not in the centos repo's directly, and then configuring lcdproc itself - code there is pretty well documented...

Amazing! That's exactly the hint I was looking for! I'll start there. Thank you.

Can you tell me where can I start looking for this? If not I'll ask Google until find some good source, don't worry.