What's new

Video Streaming Mystery

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

caksnow

New Around Here
Hello,
I m really looking for help on this. Not sure where to turn, so maybe someone can clear this up for me or suggest where to get info. I have one website with online videos that I watch via PC (directly plugged into router) that stop every few seconds (swirly thing). The website is churchmilitant.com. When I watch the same videos on youtube, they play just fine. Any other video online plays just fine. It's just the videos on this particular website that are giving me trouble. However, today I discovered another wrinkle. When I watch the same videos on the same website (churchmilitant.com) on my cellphone, I get the same stop and start playback...this is with wifi engaged. When I turn off wifi on my cellphone and use mobile data (TMobile), the videos on the same website (churchmilitant.com) run perfectly fine. Now, I'm wondering if it has to do with my router (Arris surfboard SPG7600AC2)...but then I don't understand why other videos on other websites don't have the same problem. I have Cox Cable (high speed internet I pay for..."Ultimate 500" that rarely gets above 50 Mpbs) and have tried to get technical help in the past, but it's a struggle to get anything but frustrated.. Thank you if anyone can help.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!