What's new

Vlan 832 and Dhcp (option 90) - RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kanabeach44

New Around Here
Hello,

Hope my thread will not be deleted and hope i post on the good place (sorry for my bad english !)

I am looking for applying Vlan 832 witch DHCP with my RT-AX88U But it doesn't word because there is not Option 90.
Is there any Merlin upgrade for that ? :)

Thanks a lot

What is option 90? What is VLAN 832 used for?

You may need to use custom scripts to get this to work. If this exists as a possibility for your router, of course.

What is option 90? What is VLAN 832 used for?

You may need to use custom scripts to get this to work. If this exists as a possibility for your router, of course.

"Option 90" is explicated on this Website

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3118

It's mean DHCP Fiber identification with "rfc3118" and NOT PPOE identification
I am with ORANGE France ISP and would replace my ISP Box and use my MC220L Tplink + RT-AX88U and use Vlan 832 with DHCP protocol (Not 835 and PPOE)
Hope you will see :)

There is this project here

https://naseros.com/2017/02/01/configuracion-de-un-router-neutro-y-configuracion-de-las-vlan/

Vlan832 permits to get FULL internet speed with DHCP
When I configure Vlan835 and PPOE, my speed is limited to ...300 Mbits download vs 1Gb/s normaly... I don't understand why

Last edited:
Hello ! Did you find an answer to that question nor a tutorial on how to set up DHCPv6 with option 90 manually (Script or something else) ? Thank you very much in advance :)

Salut ! As-tu trouve une réponse a ta question ou bien as-tu un tutoriel sur comment setup DHCPv6 avec Orange et leur option 90 (Meme avec un script custom) ? Merci d'avance :)

Hello ! Did you find an answer to that question nor a tutorial on how to set up DHCPv6 with option 90 manually (Script or something else) ? Thank you very much in advance :)

Salut ! As-tu trouve une réponse a ta question ou bien as-tu un tutoriel sur comment setup DHCPv6 avec Orange et leur option 90 (Meme avec un script custom) ? Merci d'avance :)

Unfortunately no ... I use ERL 3 for modem and my Asus Router works for Wifi, dhcp, firewall ....

Unfortunately no ... I use ERL 3 for modem and my Asus Router works for Wifi, dhcp, firewall ....
So … It sound like I will recompile the project to add my fti identifier the hard coded way :/ … I will try to ask Merlin itself in order to find another way than the hard coded one

So … It sound like I will recompile the project to add my fti identifier the hard coded way :/ … I will try to ask Merlin itself in order to find another way than the hard coded one

It will be very Nice !!! Please tell me if you arrive to do that !

Yes ! I do not have fiber atm but it will arrive very soon (I hope less than 6 months ...) I will post a tutorial or something else if I achieve my goal :) The best would be to help Merlin to introduce these feature inside the Merlin GUI, I will try to contact him !

I stopped adding ISP-specific settings a while ago, because there will always be more ISPs with more brain-damaged setups to support, sorry. Options 60 and 61 was where I drew the line.

Dear Merlin, I totally understand that point, which is coherent. Could you please check your private message/conversation :) ? I've sent a question/proposition directly to you, as you seemed to be the only one who can answer :) thank you very much for all the work you've done!

There`s no simple way to do that. VLAN support is closed source and not publicly documented, and the only way you could run the DHCP client would be to kill the running client and re-run it with your own options.

It's a really a shame because the actual and future ISPs make Fiber dhcp via 90 option ... Asus RT-AX88U is a really solid routeur that could accept this protocol.
I arrived to synchronize fiber with PPOE protocol but my connection was 300 Mbps max and not 1000 Mbps like offer my ISP in normal mode. Why ?
If you arrive to synchronize fiber internet speed to the same speed it offers, it could be nice, solution could be easy because it works actually with PPOE broadband.

There`s no simple way to do that. VLAN support is closed source and not publicly documented, and the only way you could run the DHCP client would be to kill the running client and re-run it with your own options.
We don't need VLAN support as it is already offered by your GUI (We can also configure it with command line script as you can see in this thread: https://lafibre.info/remplacer-live...eur-par-un-asus-rt-ac88u-toip-ipv4-ipv6-iptv/) but what we need is exactly what you described, kill your instance of the DHCP binary (Which is launched into the udhcpc.c file if my code reading is correct on lin 696 function?) can we achieve that with the JFFS partition in order (like you say) to kill your udhcpc binary instance and run ours of udhcpc with appropriate parameters ? Thank you in advance :) !

We don't need VLAN support as it is already offered by your GUI (We can also configure it with command line script as you can see in this thread: https://lafibre.info/remplacer-live...eur-par-un-asus-rt-ac88u-toip-ipv4-ipv6-iptv/) but what we need is exactly what you described, kill your instance of the DHCP binary (Which is launched into the udhcpc.c file if my code reading is correct on lin 696 function?) can we achieve that with the JFFS partition in order (like you say) to kill your udhcpc binary instance and run ours of udhcpc with appropriate parameters ? Thank you in advance :) !
You could try with a wan-start script.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online