What's new

VLAN through GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smellybelly

New Around Here
Will we ever get it?

Currently I use a startup script to move 2 of my 3 wifi networks (IoT and Guest) into their own separate VLANs (with isolation so that they can't talk to eachother within their respective VLAN). Obviously the aimesh system can (and does) VLANs, so I don't understand why we don't have access to this through the UI?

Will we ever get it?

Currently I use a startup script to move 2 of my 3 wifi networks (IoT and Guest) into their own separate VLANs (with isolation so that they can't talk to eachother within their respective VLAN). Obviously the aimesh system can (and does) VLANs, so I don't understand why we don't have access to this through the UI?
A lot of the code on these routers is locked down by Asus. RMerlin can't manipulate all of it, so what seems simple to add can be impossible to do so. It may also be outside of this projects mandate. An addon called YazFi does what you want really easy. It's available from AMTM.

A lot of the code on these routers is locked down by Asus. RMerlin can't manipulate all of it, so what seems simple to add can be impossible to do so. It may also be outside of this projects mandate. An addon called YazFi does what you want really easy. It's available from AMTM.
I know about YazFi and used it for a while, but prefer to handle the logic myself by passing the VLANs to backend pfsense/opnsense, so I just manually VLAN tag the networks, add isolation, then use pfsense to handle the routing/logic and everything else.

I don't expect RMerlin to add the functionality, but ASUS. A simple VLAN tag to ethernet and wifi ssids (as well as client isolation checkbox). I don't really understand why they haven't added it as their system clearly supports it functionality wise.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!