What's new

VN-Stat - WAN Link Aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
Just a heads up if you are using WAN link aggregation on an ASUS router which supports dual Ethernet connections between the modem and two ports on the router the data usage reported in vn-stat is no longer accurate. Currently VN-Stat shows I have used 689 GB but according to Comcast my useage is at 1743 GB.

Up until I started using the dual WAN connection VN-Stat and Comcast's numbers were close.

According to what is showing on the VN-stat data screen it is monitoring eth0 which I believe is the 1Gig WAN port. LAN port 4 is used for the second WAN connection.

No idea if the script could be to modified to monitor two ports and then combine the data used into a single total.

Here is the code from the script on selecting interface. While if would be possible to change the interface in the script don't see a simple way to add a second interface and then total.

# vnStat 2.6 config file

##

# default interface (leave empty for automatic selection)

Interface "eth0"

Last edited:
No idea if the script could be modified to modified to monitor two ports and then combine the data used into a single total.
Do an ifconfig and look for the bonded interface name (which represents both physical interfaces). I don't use link aggregation but it's usually called something like bond0. Then it's just a simple matter to edit the vnstat config file and create a database entry for the new interface. By monitoring eth0 you're only seeing half of the traffic.

Last edited:
Do an ifconfig and look for the bonded interface name (which represents both physical interfaces). I don't use link aggregation but it's usually called something like bond0. Then it's just a simple matter to edit the vnstat config file and create a database entry for the new interface. By monitoring eth0 you're only seeing half of the traffic.
I will give that a try and see what I can do. Thanks.

UPDATE: Changed eth0 to bond1. Will see what my data useage looks like after it has had a chance to monitor bond1. The interface update to monitor did carry over into the addon screen for VN-Stat.

Thanks again solution was so simple to make hope anyone else that is using ling aggregation comes across your simple fix.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!