What's new

VPN and IPTV

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Katy

Occasional Visitor
Hello-I am having some issues when using a VPN (Surfshark or PIA) and watching IPTV. For some reason it starts find, but after five to ten minutes it comes to a stop and I have to restart the link for IPTV. This only happens mostly when I use VPN. When I don't it seems to work find. I have an Asus AX88U. I am using a ethernet connection to a fire stick and have two other fire sticks that are Wifi. I have install Openvpn file in router for both VPNs and have install the UDP file. I have used different server location files and still have issues. Is there something I can do in the VPN client file tab in asus that can help. I have set up DNS as exclusive, I am getting great speeds (180 to 220 Megabytes per second) so I don't know why this happens. Thanks for your help.

Many content streaming sites (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) do NOT allow the use of VPNs. I can imagine many IPTV providers have the same restrictions. I assume that's the issue here.