What's new

VPN Client Failing to connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andrew Benson

New Around Here
For months now (several different versions) I cannot get 3 of the 5 VPN Clients to connect. I continually receive the following error: You must define CA file (--ca) or CA path (--capath). I am using ExpressVPN and have two connections going fine. I have confirmed all the settings are the same and I am using the OpenVPN file provided by them (as I did with the other two). I have attempted to clear the settings on these three clients using the Default button multiple times, but still no luck.

Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Are you setting up the clients on separate ports?

Are the ports you are trying to use supported by ExpressVPN?

Beware that some VPN providers only support a single port to keep it simple.

I am surprised you got two running if you are not using different port numbers.

Although I haven't required this for the other two locations, I have copied the ca data provided from proxy service; but it doesn't save. When I go back into certificates again, they are all blank again.

This is my settings, and when I attempt to turn the Service State to ON it goes through the process and when it reaches 100% comes back to OFF

upload_2019-8-27_7-40-42.png
upload_2019-8-27_7-41-15.png

Custom Configuration:

fast-io
remote-random
pull
tls-client
verify-x509-name Server name-prefix
ns-cert-type server
route-method exe
route-delay 2
tun-mtu 1500
fragment 1300
mssfix 1200
keysize 256
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!