What's new

VPN Client KillSwitch/Automatic Start at Boot Failures

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clockstick

New Around Here
Router - RT-AC5300
Firmware 386.12_4

The problem: VPN instability resulted in using VPN Director to manage 3 VPN Clients to ensure all internet traffic traveled through the VPN connecting to this router. Kill Switch was selected on all three VPN (Open VPN) to ensure the internet was not accessible if the VPN to at least 1 of the 3 servers was Connected and communicating.

But: when the VPN disconnects (which appears to be frequent) it does not reconnect automatically. If I select them on in the VPN Client tab they all connect first time and are stable (at least for now)

I actually do not know what to do with this, I did include what appears to be the applicable portion of the log which may allow you to see what I miss.

I am reasonably new to VPN and Merlin, I did an extensive search and did not yield a solution to the above dillema.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RTAC5300VPN.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
If have a feeling that restart VPN on Reboot is when the router restarts rather than the VPN disconnects. Is there a method to get the VPN to restart after connecting automatically rather than me having to do it manually?

The problem: VPN instability resulted in using VPN Director to manage 3 VPN Clients to ensure all internet traffic traveled through the VPN connecting to this router. Kill Switch was selected on all three VPN (Open VPN) to ensure the internet was not accessible if the VPN to at least 1 of the 3 servers was Connected and communicating.

But: when the VPN disconnects (which appears to be frequent) it does not reconnect automatically. If I select them on in the VPN Client tab they all connect first time and are stable (at least for now)

I actually do not know what to do with this, I did include what appears to be the applicable portion of the log which may allow you to see what I miss.

I am reasonably new to VPN and Merlin, I did an extensive search and did not yield a solution to the above dillema.

Why don't you give VPNMON-R3 a try? That should help in your case, as it was written to monitor/restart multiple VPN connections all at once... and would get them all started after a reboot as well.

Why don't you give VPNMON-R3 a try? That should help in your case, as it was written to monitor/restart multiple VPN connections all at once... and would get them all started after a reboot as well.

Thanks,

That appears to have done the trick! Awesome!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!