What's new

VPN client list in app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lufe

New Around Here
I have a problem regarding activating VPN clients through the ASUS app. I have found it to be very convenient to have this possibility when streaming and you want to check out other regions.

I use OpenVPN and I added these before I upgraded to Merlin. These appear in the PPTP/L2TP list.
1662646299328.png

As you can see there are OpenVPN clients here, and all of these can be seen in the app.
It is however no longer possible to add more to this list since one have to go through the Open VPN tab. If a new VPN connection is added there it doesn't get added to this list and therefore doesn't show up in the mobile app.

Is there something I've missed, or a workaround I can use to make them appear here?

The Asus app is written by Asus for use with their stock firmware. There are no guarantees any of it will be compatible with Merlin's firmware. That's particularly true of VPN support as Merlin uses a complete differently implementation of VPN.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!