1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

VPN client port forwarding

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by _Thomas_, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. _Thomas_

_Thomas_ New Around Here

I configured a VPN client in the 4G-AC68U, the router is successful registered into the VPN and has a static IP address. However I am not able to drive anything on this port. There is no documentation how to utilize this interface. (The VPN is working for sure, I have other clients working well.)
    I can not access the Web interface via this address nor I can do any port forwarding via this port. Is there anything helpful documented anywhere how to use the VPN tunnels with this router?
    A side question is how to to enable routing via the VPN, is this supposed to be enabled via VPN default-gw configuration or is there any special setting?

The router was upgraded to 9.0.0.4.384.81390 (official, beta release)

In general is it ok to enable the SSH port and configure manually in the official release or is this to be done in the alternative firmware only? Can Merlin be installed keeping settings like 4G since the router is already installed in space?

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

There is no Merlin firmware available for your router model.

_Thomas_ likes this.