What's new

VPN Director rule is ignored

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Toby the Cat

Occasional Visitor
I setup a OpenVPN client on my AC86U (386.5) for all my devices (ovpn1) which works perfect. Via the VPN Director I added a rule for my computer to go directly to the WAN if needed, this also works like it should. (ticking or un-ticking the rule)

However I would like my TV to connect to another country, so I setup another OpenVPN client (ovpn2)

And now the problem, when I enable the rule in VPN Director for my TV to use ovpn2, it doesn't use ovpn2 but instead uses the rule for ovpn1

1.jpg

When I look at the VPN status both clients are connected and the IP's are indeed correct

2.jpg

I rebooted the router, the TV, made sure it's internal IP is correct, made sure I have the correct device, the MAC is correct

I'm flabbergasted and don't know what to do :rolleyes:

Any help is greatly appreciated to get this working, feel free to ask me more details, I'm not always online but will try to answer ASAP

Thanks

Fred

My mistake, you can’t. See the Priority topic in the wiki:

The various OpenVPN client's are prioritized, w/ #1 having the highest and #5 the lowest. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that you can't create a rule like 192.168.1.0/24 for OVPN1 that doesn't supercede 192.168.1.151 for OVPN2. In order to get what you want, you have to place 192.168.1.151 in OVPN1, and the rest in OVPN2.

P.S. Conveniently, the rules as listed in VPN Director always reflect their priority.

It works !!!! :p

Thanks for the tips, the rule for all the traffic which was ovpn1 is now ovpn5, that leaves me with room for a few more tweaks.

Update:

I have iptables to open a port, I had to change these rules for them to work with the changed openvpn port

My iptables rule was for tun11 and I had to change that to tun15

I believe there's still a problem with the firmware though since I am also having only the first entry in the policy table picked up and additionally when enabled leaking DNS.

I will try to add a separate thread first though