What's new

VPN Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sirzur

Occasional Visitor
I have been using VPN in the past and have just upgraded to FW 386.3 (and have performed a factory reset) and am struggling with setting up VPN. My router is set to be 192.168.1.250 IP address

The problem I have is that even though the VPN client is up and connected, I appear to be still bypassing the VPN. I have tried a few configuration changes, mainly playing with the "Redirect Internet traffic through tunnel". I have tried all 3 options but even with the option of "Yes (all)", this does not seem to help. I am convinced that I have done something silly, but for the life of me cannot figure out what it is. Anyway here is some screenshots of my set up. Is there anything I have missed?

VPNDir.JPG

VPNDir_1.JPG

VPNDir_2.JPG

What happens if if you turn killswitch on....no internet?
Have you tried a different Nord server?

After attempting a few diagnostic runs, I have discovered that the culprit is the jffs up (and maybe also down) scripts in custom configuration. I have those scripts to email me when the VPN goes up or down. At the moment if I leave the "down" script in, the VPN works (and likely because the script is only triggered when the VPN goes down). So I guess if the script comes across some error when running, the VPN does not work properly. Now I just have to troubleshoot the script - which I have used in the previous firmware

And I have it finally working- reason it was not working before was that my jffs/configs directory did not have the proper certificate referenced in the script. For some reason, the certificate was not properly backed up (probably my mistake) just before I did the factory default