What's new

Vpn in outbuildings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hammer8tor

New Around Here
Evening I have virgin media as my broadband provider , my router is in the hallway of my house I now work from home and have converted an outbuildings into an office, I need to get a vpn connection in the office without running a cable through the house and outside the distant e from router to office is around 15m in a straight line .. any help appreciated

Evening I have virgin media as my broadband provider , my router is in the hallway of my house I now work from home and have converted an outbuildings into an office, I need to get a vpn connection in the office without running a cable through the house and outside the distant e from router to office is around 15m in a straight line .. any help appreciated

Your only chance is if you can use a pair of Powerline adapters to extend a LAN connnection to the outbuillding using your AC powerlines. Your results may very.

If you can't get them to work then you are going to a least run a cable so you can install an outdoor AP on your house.