What's new

VPN Loadbalancing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darkje

So guys and galls, i was looking for a way to loadbalance on the VPN. So i could combine multiple VPN server to multiple connections. So when gets maxed out (set the speed yourself) it wil push to or add a other VPN server.
Does this sound possible ?

Before starting your project you need to find out if the two VPN servers that are possible using Merlin's firmware run of different cores. VPN clients will run on different cores but someone needs to weigh in if the two servers also run on different cores.

Good luck with your project.

Yeah wel i can connect 5 VPN's simultainous. I just dont know how to loadbalance them to one ore multiple IP's @RMerlin perhaps you are able too help me out ?

The OP seemed to be interested in load balancing on his own VPN servers running on his router not load balancing VPN clients running on his router. I didn't see anything in Merlin's post that dealt with that issue. He pointed out which VPN clients run on which core.

So guys and galls, i was looking for a way to loadbalance on the VPN. So i could combine multiple VPN server to multiple connections. So when gets maxed out (set the speed yourself) it wil push to or add a other VPN server.
Does this sound possible ?
Are you running both OpenVPN Servers on the router? so unless you have two WAN interfaces I'm not sure what you expect to achieve through VPN Load-Balancing.

The OpenVPN Servers appear to have separate CPU affinity - either CPU0 or CPU1 so you should be able to crudely balance the number of client connections per server (and possibly by traffic quota), but probably not by throughput/performance as that decision is best left to the OpenVPN Client.