What's new

VPN not connecting AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

squirrellydw

Regular Contributor
My main router is a Verizon router, I have an old AC68U I wanna use to make a VPN connection but I still want to use the Verizon router as is. I have OpenVPN setup on a raspberry PI and I have confirmed it works by connecting my laptop to it. I can't seem to get my AC68U to connect and not sure what I'm doing wrong. My setup is the Verizon router, which connects to my switch and then from a port on the switch to the AC68U lan port, not the wan port. Whenever I try and connect the wan port I can't connect to it. My goal is to use the AC68U for VPN for one device, a ROKU. Also running Merlin 386.3_2

In the future I plan on getting a new router but for now I just wanna see if I can get this to work. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

It's not clear whether you're talking about a VPN client or VPN server. In either case the VPN options are only functional when the Asus is in "router mode" and the internet is connected to the WAN port, not the LAN port.

It's not clear whether you're talking about a VPN client or VPN server. In either case the VPN options are only functional when the Asus is in "router mode" and the internet is connected to the WAN port, not the LAN port.
the Pi is the server and the AC68U is the client. Any idea when I connect AC68U to the WAN why I can't connect to it locally?

Sorry, I'm still not getting it. So the Pi and the AC68U are both connected to the same LAN (the one behind the Verizon router)?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!