Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

VPN Policy Routing strange issue

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Neokenzo, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Neokenzo

Neokenzo New Around Here

I am using ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.69.

What I wanted to do is to have my TV using VPN and the rest of the network normally. So I used redirect internet traffic and select my TV to use VPN. Once this has been applied, I check that the rest of my system is connected to my non VPN network. I checked my TV's ip setting and it is as per my VPN. Only problem when I tried to use Netflix, I cant use with this setup. If I remove the redirect internet traffic and flow all my connection through VPN, I can use Netfilx no problems. Is there anything else I need to do? Please advice, thanks.

Options on the router:
    https://imgur.com/a/g3V9T

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Netflix blocks many VPN providers specifically to prevent people from going around geolocks.

4. Neokenzo

Neokenzo New Around Here

I have no problems using my VPN with Netflix if I set my VPN normally. I only have issue when I try using the redirect internet traffic. I have to say I am a newbie in all this policy based routing stuff.

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Make sure you set DNS mode to "Exclusive".

6. Neokenzo

Neokenzo New Around Here

Thank you sir, its working now :)

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!