What's new

VPN Policy Routing strange issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neokenzo

New Around Here
I am using ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 380.69.

What I wanted to do is to have my TV using VPN and the rest of the network normally. So I used redirect internet traffic and select my TV to use VPN. Once this has been applied, I check that the rest of my system is connected to my non VPN network. I checked my TV's ip setting and it is as per my VPN. Only problem when I tried to use Netflix, I cant use with this setup. If I remove the redirect internet traffic and flow all my connection through VPN, I can use Netfilx no problems. Is there anything else I need to do? Please advice, thanks.

Options on the router:
https://imgur.com/a/g3V9T

Netflix blocks many VPN providers specifically to prevent people from going around geolocks.

I have no problems using my VPN with Netflix if I set my VPN normally. I only have issue when I try using the redirect internet traffic. I have to say I am a newbie in all this policy based routing stuff.

I have no problems using my VPN with Netflix if I set my VPN normally. I only have issue when I try using the redirect internet traffic. I have to say I am a newbie in all this policy based routing stuff.

Make sure you set DNS mode to "Exclusive".