What's new

Vpn probleem with Asus Rt-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pchartog

New Around Here
Hi all,
Installed a client VPN on my Asus router.
Outgoing traffic works fine, checked my ip number and my ip is changed everytime.

Now I want to connect to my Intranet from the Internet.
Is this possible wish a working router and hoe do I setup the router?

I have already created a DDNS and chats also working.

best regards,
Peter

You will need the configure the VPN Server on your ASUS router in order to connect into your Intranet from the Internet. Go to VPN, select the OpenVPN button and enable it. Create a login ID and password and press Apply. Next, "Export" the OVPN configutation file to your computer. Open the configuration file with a text editor and change the IP address to your ddns name and save the change.

This OVPN file will be used by your computer when connecting in. Install OpenVPN client software and import the OVPN config file. Run it and login. (You cannot test it from within the Intranet).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You will need the configure the VPN Server on your ASUS router in order to connect into your Intranet from the Internet. Go to VPN, select the OpenVPN button and enable it. Create a login ID and password and press Apply. Next, "Export" the OVPN configutation file to your computer. Open the configuration file with a text editor and change the IP address to your ddns name and save the change.

This OVPN file will be used by your computer when connecting in. Install OpenVPN client software and import the OVPN config file. Run it and login. (You cannot test it from within the Intranet).

When I export the OVPN file using the export button in the VPN server it already includes the DDNS server name or at least it does if you are using the free DDNS from ASUS. No idea what it does if you are using another DDNS provider.

ISP routers are getting to complex to replace with a 3rd party box. My Asus is inside my home network and I really prefer having the extra firewalled layer anyway. As a result , my OVPN file simply has a 192.168.x.x WAN address that needs to be replaced with the ddns.