What's new

VPN problems with dual asus routers setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sdnetguy

New Around Here
Hi everyone..

A newbie here. After browsing through this forum for couple of days..I decided to ask for some pointers to my problem with my setup.

At my folks' house I setup a VPN PPTP server on a Asus-N66U router.

At my own house, I have two routers: An Asus RT-ACRH13 and Asus-N66R. The ARCH13 is connected to the modem. The WAN port on N66R is connected to one of LAN ports on the RT-ACRH13. Both are setup as Wireless routers and both have Internet connection with this setup. When I run a VPN client using ASUS WRT of the ARCH13, I still have internet connection when I connect a laptop to the RT-ACRH13 or N66R. When I deactivate the VPN client on ARCH13 and run the VPN client N66R using ASUS WRT. With this setup, it shows on both router I have internet connection but when I connect a laptop to N66R and try to get to google.com, I can't get to it or any other websites. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Hi everyone..

A newbie here. After browsing through this forum for couple of days..I decided to ask for some pointers to my problem with my setup.

At my folks' house I setup a VPN PPTP server on a Asus-N66U router.

At my own house, I have two routers: An Asus RT-ACRH13 and Asus-N66R. The ARCH13 is connected to the modem. The WAN port on N66R is connected to one of LAN ports on the RT-ACRH13. Both are setup as Wireless routers and both have Internet connection with this setup. When I run a VPN client using ASUS WRT of the ARCH13, I still have internet connection when I connect a laptop to the RT-ACRH13 or N66R. When I deactivate the VPN client on ARCH13 and run the VPN client N66R using ASUS WRT. With this setup, it shows on both router I have internet connection but when I connect a laptop to N66R and try to get to google.com, I can't get to it or any other websites. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks
dont use PPPTP its too old and not secure. use OpenVPN its supported and updated often therefore its a safer choice.