What's new

VPN question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ai_

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I can't figure this out ....

If I use VPN Fusion to route some/all traffic over a VPN.

If I then use Instant Guard on devices to route traffic (cellular or public wifi) through the home router, will that go out to the internet over the VPN on the router?

(Trying to work out if it is possible as it circumvents the device limit as all devices are then connecting back to the router which then sends it over the VPN.)

If this is right how much greater latency is introduced as it is now longer device -> VPN -> internet but device -> router -> VPN -> internet.

Has anyone tried this.

Hi

I can't figure this out ....

If I use VPN Fusion to route some/all traffic over a VPN.

If I then use Instant Guard on devices to route traffic (cellular or public wifi) through the home router, will that go out to the internet over the VPN on the router?

(Trying to work out if it is possible as it circumvents the device limit as all devices are then connecting back to the router which then sends it over the VPN.)

If this is right how much greater latency is introduced as it is now longer device -> VPN -> internet but device -> router -> VPN -> internet.

Has anyone tried this.
Of course you can. I have routed my Instant Guard clients through my VPN provider connection using VPN Director.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!