1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

VPN setup with Padavan Firmware

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by steve67474, Feb 18, 2018.

1. steve67474

steve67474 New Around Here

Hi Guys
    New here so hope you can help. I have an Asus RT-N56U router that I have flashed with Padavan firmware version 3.4.9-099. This all went well and I have a Purevpn account so I went into the VPN client section and setup PPTP Protocol and put my info in the boxes and saved it all rebooted the router and when I go in to the VPN section it says connected next to my remote vpn server. I then connect to the internet OK.

The problem is when I do a "what is my IP" it shows me in uk not in the country I set my vpn to. I have never used Padavan before as I normally use DD-WRT but this box does not support that. Any ideas guys

Regards

Steve

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!