What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elfarto

Occasional Visitor
Since a couple of weeks ago (more or less coinciding with updating my RT-AX88U to 388.1) my VPN Connection has been giving me a lot of headaches. My Provider is ProtonVPN, I've tried both Wireguard and OpenVPN clients.
I use VPN Director to route all traffic from my computer to the VPN Connection.
What happens is that my computer will lose internet connectivity, ping won't work much less loading websites.
If i disconnect and reconnect the VPN it starts working again, I logged into the router ssh console and tried pinging the remote endpoint of the VPN tunnel and it works, so maybe it's not an issue with the router but with the remote provider, but again, if I disable VPN Director on the router and connect to the same endpoint using the Windows ProtonVPN client I have no problems and the connection is rock solid. But would it be possible to specify a remote ping endpoint, pretty much what we have under the Dual Wan failover detection Ping Target setting ?

Last edited:
Nope will give it a try. is it on the addons board ?
Yep - give it a shot... I built it just for scenarios like you're experiencing. ;)