What's new

VPN woes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Undisputed

New Around Here
I have a Asus RT3200 with the latest Merlin firmware installed.

There are two OpenVPN client profiles and one OpenVPN server profile.

The client profiles are connected to PureVPN and CeloVPN.

When the client profile option of Redirect Internet Traffic is set to anything other than Policy Rules in any of the two profiles, I am unable to VPN into my home network.

I've tried it with just the one client profile active and the result is the same. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Been on it all day and can't figure out what configuration is incorrect.

You don't give any build info, if you use Beta1 then there is a new change.
(Then you should ask in Beta1 thread)

Code:
Policy-based routing tables will now only contain
routes related to their specific tunnel.  This
 ensures that global routes cannot override a
 tunnel's policies.

If you mean you can't have two client running at same time, then make sure you not use same port on both and choose other port to server to.
(I hope i got you right)

Hi,

No, everything appears to runs fine on the router. It's when I'm on my 4g connection on phone and try to VPN into home network. It will only let me in when PureVPN/Celo profiles are set to policy only routing.

I've updated to RT-AC3200_380.66_beta1 and am experiencing the same problem.
Unless my VPN client Redirect Internet traffic value is set to Policy, I can't connect from my mobile phone to my VPN server on the Asus router i.e. values of All and No will not allow a VPN connection to be established, whereas a value of Policy will.