What's new

vpnmgr vpnmgr - Manage and update VPN Client configurations for NordVPN and PIA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which VPN provider do you use?

• Total voters

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
v2.3.1
Updated 2021-08-05

The concept for this script was originally developed by @h0me5k1n

Easy management of your VPN Client connections for various VPN providers on AsusWRT-Merlin.

vpnmgr is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL 3.0).

This project is hosted on GitHub

Love the script and want to support future development? Any and all donations gratefully received!
PayPal donation
Buy me a coffee

Supported firmware versions
You must be running firmware Merlin 384.15/384.13_4 or Fork 43E5 (or later) Asuswrt-Merlin

Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/vpnmgr/master/vpnmgr.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmgr" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr && /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr install

Usage
vpnmgr adds a tab to VPN menu of the WebUI.

Otherwise, to launch the vpnmgr menu, use:
Code:
vpnmgr

If this does not work, you will need to use the full path:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/vpnmgr

Last edited:
Screenshots
0600bbea5c.png

4f5ddfc3d6.png

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz very cool, could this be adapted for use with Torguard VPN?

Slightly off topic but what advanced settings have people got set for Nord.

@Jack Yaz great work with the script, it appears to be working great here. Can I now assume that the develop branch has now been merged with the master or will you still be updating the develop branch?

Slightly off topic but what advanced settings have people got set for Nord.

@Jack Yaz great work with the script, it appears to be working great here. Can I now assume that the develop branch has now been merged with the master or will you still be updating the develop branch?
develop has been merged to master. I'm not anticipating adding anything else before going 1.0.0 (roughly a week from now unless anything major happens)

I've added a poll to gather votes on the popular VPN provider choices. I'm open to making this script more of a generic VPN configuration utility (e.g. pick your provider, pick preferences and country etc.) but I'd like to establish if there's any interest first, before I dive in adding support for X Y Z

VPN Unlimited. I use it for NY, Portugal and Australia, so I use 3 of the 5 clients.

I’ve been playing with my nordvpn account which I don’t use very often, the script is excellent thank you.

ExpressVPN [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WoW. Thanks. Runs really well . I can easily jump from one country to another and the switch is pretty quick with only 2 buttons. I only wish NordVPN server selection algorithm was better because it is not always selects the fastest server but rather a server with less users on it (more of a NordVPN 'issue').

But all on all , it is very good script. Definitely will be using it.
Maybe will be possible to add something like "Default setting" for configuring new client in a specific slot?
For example password, dns setting , client rules and such . If we decide to configure empty slot, we won't be needing to add users to the strict users rules and password\user name and dns settings.

Really good. Thanks!

WoW. Thanks. Runs really well . I can easily jump from one country to another and the switch is pretty quick with only 2 buttons. I only wish NordVPN server selection algorithm was better because it is not always selects the fastest server but rather a server with less users on it (more of a NordVPN 'issue').
It was considered to have a ping mechanism but not implemented at this time, so we use the least "loaded" as served by the NordVPN API.
But all on all , it is very good script. Definitely will be using it.
I'm happy to hear that :)
Maybe will be possible to add something like "Default setting" for configuring new client in a specific slot?
For example password, dns setting , client rules and such . If we decide to configure empty slot, we won't be needing to add users to the strict users rules and password\user name and dns settings.

Really good. Thanks!
Various settings are implemented by default, some are only set "first time" like accept dns configuration

I'll let the poll run for a week, and whichever comes out on top I'll take a stab at adding. Doesn't look like many offer free trials annoyingly!

Depending on the interest I may swap to nordvpn permanently [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!