What's new

VyprVPN and AdvancedTomato help needed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OOkladek

New Around Here
Hello to everyone here on SNB!

Been following this forums for a long time always found good info here that helped me, this time around I can't find any answers for my problem setting up VyprVPN with AdvancedTomato (can not find anywhere on the web actually) and so I have copied and paste the message I have posted on goldenfrog's forum in hope that some of the knowledgeble people on this forum could help me solve my problem thank you all very much!

I really hope some one could help, I've been fighting with the vpn in the house for 3 days.

Router: RT-AC66U

backstory: I used to run (up until today) the ASUSWRT firmware on my router, problem was except for the NYC server I didn't managed to connect to the 2 others I've tried (the Washington server and the Philippines server) using the openvpn protocol.

after going back and forth with email support they have suggest that I will install tomato firmware, nothing was wrong with my firmware but I gave in because I really need to get the vpn working and the 2 server that I have problem connecting (pretty funny to suggest your client to use another firmware while your service's website claim it support the router you have with the firmware you have, but lets leave that alone).

And so I was looking for a tomato firmware and decided to go with AdvanceTomato version since it is just the same as shibby's version with the difference of having a really nice GUI but alas the router app that is working with shibby's version for some reason, even so they are the same, do not work with AdvancedTomato, OK I get it I installed a different version then the one I was told too but I don't really care for the router app if I cant run itits fine, I was however thinking to myself that I could at least configure vypervpn manually on the firmware using openvpn right? apparently I can't, I have followed all the steps for manual installation to the latter as they are outlined on vyprvpn's manual tomato configuration page on the website but alas I do not manage to connect to the server.

email support kind of gave up and brushed me to the side, so I beg of you good people, please oh please help me to get vyprvpn working on my asus rt-ac66u router that is runing AdvancedTomato Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-3.4-140 K26AC USB AIO-64K.

Thank you all very much for your help and time in advance!