What's new

Wall mount ASUS RT-AC86U router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Windsor-tg

Occasional Visitor
I have an ASUS RT-AC86U router that I need to wall mount. Can anyone advise where I can purchase a bracket to allow for the router to be mounted onto a wall, or has an alternative solution for mounting the router onto a brick wall?

Tricky. How you mount it might be dictated by how you want/need to route the cables. All the cables are designed to come straight out the back (when it's in the upright position). Of course you can turn it around so that they now come out the front, or lie it face down so that they come out the top.

I am planning on having holes coming through the wall so that the network cables are routed through the back

I am planning on having holes coming through the wall so that the network cables are routed through the back
Then buy or make a small wood shelf.

An Ikea, Dollar store, or other 'cheap and cheerful' shelf will be more usable (today and the future) and likely cheaper too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!