What's new

WAN aggregation with 384.19 and AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neil0311

Have a gigabit cable connection through Comcast, which I'm told they usually overprovision by 10-20%. The cable modem has two 1Gb ethernet ports that can be setup for aggregation.

I'm using Cat 5e certified cables, and when I setup the AX88U for WAN aggregation (with 384.19) and connect the modem to port 4 (as well as the WAN port), it shows it's enabled, but my throughput is lower than in the single link mode. I can get 950Mbps wired into the router, but when I setup WAN aggregation, I'm only getting 300-400Mbps to the exact same client. Using WiFi 6 to that same client gives similar speeds via Comcast's speed test site.

Are there any known bugs related to WAN aggregation or gotchas that could cause data throughput to be LESS than a single like? Or is this possibly some issue on the cable modem and not the router?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!