What's new

WAN Aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

epete

Occasional Visitor
Due to Covid, everyone in our community is online at the same time. I have no issues with downlink but my uplink is horrible. I have the RT-AC5300 that seems to support a second WAN. In my case I don't want a second WAN as a fall over when the main goes down. I would like to purchase a second cable modem service and aggregate the two uplink bandwidths to improve my speeds. Does anyone know if this is a possible configuration and how to set it up (if it is)>

You can't aggregate two ISP for higher speeds. You can have them in a load-balancing mode, however.

This means that two 50/50Mbps up/down ISP connections won't net you a 100/100 up/down connection for a single client device. But it will give you 100/100Mbps up/down as a theoretical possibility with many (multiple) clients.

thanks, so in my situation, both cable modems would be on the same coax so if I had poor upload on one, I would have poor upload on the other and no advantage from the set-up. I suppose I could look into a 5G LTE modem but I think that would be cost prohibitive.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!