What's new

WAN disconnected (but not really)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jappish84

Regular Contributor
Lately I started seeing this issues where I lose internet access for devices connected through wifi.

The router reports that wan has been disconnected and I can't connect to it by visiting the ip-address, but I can connect if I first connect to my VPN server hosted in the router itself, meaning wan isn't really down

Not sure where to start troubleshooting

Screenshot-20200506-131727-com-android-chrome.jpg

Lately I started seeing this issues where I lose internet access for devices connected through wifi.

The router reports that wan has been disconnected and I can't connect to it by visiting the ip-address, but I can connect if I first connect to my VPN server hosted in the router itself, meaning wan isn't really down

Not sure where to start troubleshooting

Screenshot-20200506-131727-com-android-chrome.jpg
If you have Network Monitoring enabled, disable it. Both options.

Alright, I think you're on to something.

I have previously had traffic monitoring enabled on a per ip level, but that has been disabled for a few months now, although traffic monitoring was still set to write traffic history to a custom location.

I just now saw that HW acceleration is reporting "turned off, incompatible with: (blank)"

I tried changing traffic monitoring history location back to RAM (default), but HW still reports the same.

What's the second option you are referring to?

Administration System Network Monitoring. Uncheck DNS Query and Ping

Found it, thanks!

How do you think this is related to the issue I'm experiencing?

Oh and btw, I just updated to the latest fw available and now HW acceleration is reported as enabled again, bug in previous fw version I suppose?