What's new

WAN Disconnections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wolfclaw

Regular Contributor
Hi all, RT-AC5300 with latest Merlin firmware, which I don't believe is causing my issue as it also does it with previous or stock versions, changed cables etc

Every few minutes I just lose all WAN traffic, no reason for, I had thought the CPU at 74c was the culprit so bought a laptop cooler to get it down to 58c, still the same, almost if if something is being overloaded.

Close browsers and any applications accessing WAN, wait a minute and the WAN connection comes back.

Virgin Media says nothing wrong at their end and I believe them, put the Superhub 3 in router mode, WAN connection is fine.

Have noticed a lot wlceventd_proc_event for LAN Auth\Assoc\Deauth_ind\Disassoc all double Dutch to me, so attached log file.

I have email Asus support to log a RMA query as just within 3 year warranty, as maybe WAN/LAN switches going bad ?

Any assistance appreciated.

Attachments

• ac5300-log.txt
    48.4 KB · Views: 93
'Latest' firmware means little. Which version exactly?

When was the last time you did a full reset?

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

If you have performed that very recently, maybe your router/network isn't getting fully reset? In that case, I would suggest the following.

Fully Reset Router and Network

And afterward, perform the best practice steps again.

In the meantime, have you tested new LAN cables? From distinct brands/manufacturers?

Do both the wired and wireless clients lose the WAN connection?

Can you test/change the port you use for the WAN to one of the LAN ports as a test (for a defective WAN port)?

Your log doesn't show any particular problems other than with a single device. That device has a MC address of CE:40:1A:C0:E7:27. I suggest you go into this device's WiFi settings, "forget" the connection and then reconnect.

Have you changed the router's log levels because I'm not seeing some of the information I would normally expect to see in your log?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
This was a clean install of Merlin v386.2.4 after wiping JFFS, USB, browser history, full reset and the upload firmware using the Asus Recovery Tool.
Default log level is Notice and show only messages more important than Info
Going to do an upgrade to Merlin 386.2_6 and set logs to debug/all and see what shows up and post back.

The default log should have been fine. I think the "missing" information is from dnsmasq. My guess is that Diversion is stripping out that information from the syslog and putting it somewhere else. Not particularly helpful when trying to debug connection issues.

That said, there was nothing in your log to indicate a WAN issue. Look in the Hub's network log.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
This was a clean install of Merlin v386.2.4 after wiping JFFS, USB, browser history, full reset and the upload firmware using the Asus Recovery Tool.
Default log level is Notice and show only messages more important than Info
Going to do an upgrade to Merlin 386.2_6 and set logs to debug/all and see what shows up and post back.

do you see any errors in the virgin media router? (network log) the address of the hub should be 192.168.100.1

Well it seems I have a fault with router, now the bad news, although within manufacturers 3 years warranty, neither Amazon the seller who just say out of warranty and Asus will not do anything direct. So looks like I'm having go down the credit card charge back router.

Have managed to get some stability by using v386.2_6 and Flexqos, this could be my last Asus router due to all this. :mad:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!