What's new

WAN IPv6 gateway problem [fix]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

j-p-l

New Around Here
As mentioned in the post below, my WAN IPv6 gateway was not set with Native with DHCP-PD enabled. I was able to interim fix this issue by adding a WAN-startup-script, to manually add the gateway.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
ip route add default via fe80::1 dev eth0

@RMerlin, the nvram variable "ipv6_gateway=fe80::1" was already correct, but the route is not set. Maybe there is a possible fix, to set the default gateway without setting a custom startup script?

IPv6 is not working as expected. LAN traffic okay, but no WAN connection. This is not completely new to me - have it since a couple of versions, but it did work - but not fixed in current release. Is this an asuswrt (Merlin) issue, or is it my provider (Vodafone cable Germany, static IPv4/IPv6 dual stack).

I have "Native with DHCP-PD" enabled and receive everything correctly but there is no "IPv6 WAN Gateway". Any ideas?

View attachment 15330 View attachment 15331

fe80: is a link-local IP, it's not a public/WAN IP.

As mentioned in the post below, my WAN IPv6 gateway was not set with Native with DHCP-PD enabled. I was able to interim fix this issue by adding a WAN-startup-script, to manually add the gateway.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

@RMerlin, the nvram variable "ipv6_gateway=fe80::1" was already correct, but the route is not set. Maybe there is a possible fix, to set the default gateway without setting a custom startup script?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

This issue is very similar to mine, there are bugs in the official firmware, it's not a merlin bug,
Here I describe my issue:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...384-45149-12-05-2018.50232/page-6#post-457071

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!