What's new

WAN Port Link State

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

illmatik0ne

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can assist me with a way to set the WAN Port Link State to 1000mbps. For some reason it is auto sensing to 100mbps and I'm not getting my full speed on the wan link. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can assist me with a way to set the WAN Port Link State to 1000mbps. For some reason it is auto sensing to 100mbps and I'm not getting my full speed on the wan link. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Means either your cable isn't rated Cat5e/Cat6, the cable is bad, or the modem's own interface is set to 100 Mbits. The router uses auto-negotiate to determine the interface speed.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'll look into the cable issue more. I directly connect the modem to the computer and the port negotiates to 1Gb. The Asus sees it as 100Mb. Maybe the cable is just flaking out.

Cheers

Take the cable out of the port and use a toothbrush on it for a few seconds.

Even try reversing the cable so that the router end goes to the modem, etc..

Do all the pins come up evenly on the cable ends? If they don't, gently pull them up so they will make better contact with the ports they're plugging into.

A little contact cleaner won't hurt either.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/it.C/.f