What's new

WAN Throughput Drops With LAN Transfers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vwsplitty1980

Occasional Visitor
Hi let me explain my problem:

I currently have 376.47 but this has always been an issuse and I don't think its the fault of software. I run utorrent on a deadocated machine which downloads to the drive within that machine,once that file has completed I transfer the file via utorrent to a folder on my windows 2012 server. I have noticed that whilst I am transferring an "X" amount of data over my LAN that the other running downloads drop to nearly 0 speed and as soon as the transfer over LAN has finished they resume to the speed they were. As I said I'm not sure where the fault lies but it could be with the hardware or utorrent but please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers.

your hdd is limiting on that dedicated machine while moving the file.

Hi sorry but can you expand on that. I understand it would limit my LAN transfers but how does this slow my download (WAN) speed to nearly nothing?

Cheers

are you talking about download speed inside utorrent or while browsing?
i thought you were talking about downloading inside utorrent while moving a finished file.

if you talk about global downloading then i guess your hardware acceleration is disabled.