What's new

Solved WAN Throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tomwilley

New Around Here
Hi Guys,
I have an RT-AC5300 running Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_6. Have had the router for about a year and have been very happy with it.
A few weeks ago, I upgraded from 100M to 400M. With my new found speed, I started running some tests to check everything was good.
I found that the data speed out of my modem into the router is around 470M (paying for 400M) but when I run speed test at any of the router ethernet ports, I'm closer to 340M with nothing else connected and pretty much everything on the router turned off.

Running a laptop with ethernet directly into my modem confirms the 470M number.

Any pointers to what might be causing the lost speed?

Thanks.

That's probably because you have hardware acceleration disabled. Check its status at Tools > System Information > Network.

P.S. Your title is wrong. Your question is about the WAN not the WLAN (wireless LAN).

That's probably because you have hardware acceleration disabled. Check its status at Tools > System Information > Network.

P.S. Your title is wrong. Your question is about the WAN not the WLAN (wireless LAN).
Thanks Colin. Can't see how to turn it on.

Indeed you're correct on the WLAN typo. Thx.
1627331858230.png
jjjjjjjjj