What's new

WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding simply is not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oledog

New Around Here
Asuswrt-Merlin
Firmware: 380.66_6

Asus RT-AC66u

When I go to the "WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding" page on the admin console, input my settings and click the "apply" button nothing ever saves. Even if I choose one of the preconfig options for example "Telnet" none of the configurations work.

I just want to forward SSH from my work office to my internal network host. The stock FW used to work just fine. I am i missing something on another page possibly. I've searched the web can found no answers yet.

Is this is bug in the Merlin FW. Or am I supposed to configure via ipchains using the command line login. IF that is the correct approach does anyone have a link that explains where and how this should be configured to work correctly on boot and re-boots.

Thanks in advance

Are you remembering to click the + button to add the rule to the list before clicking Apply?

yep ... clicked the button :)
Then I don't know. That's the way it works, nothing complicated.

I don't run the same firmware version as you so perhaps it's a bug, but I'm surprised no one else has spotted it.

Did you do a factory defaults reset after loading the Merlin firmware for the first time, followed by a manual configure? It might be worth doing it again just in case there's a corrupted NVRAM setting somewhere.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!