What's new

Wanting to move to Ubiquti

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johnathonm

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I hope you are all well. I have decided, today, that I am done with SOHO equipment and would like to move to Enterprise grade hardware. I was looking at Ubiquity as the line of choice but I am in need of some guidance as to what I need to purchase. I am also unsure of how to configure these and would prefer to use a GUI of some sort for the device. I did see in the manual that such a feature existed. I also am unsure of what my needs would be for POE. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated as I am venturing into uncharted territory.

I am looking at the following devices:

Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-PRO-E Access Point

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DSW6XX/?tag=snbforums-20

UBIQUITI NETWORKS USG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016YJW8K0/?tag=snbforums-20

I would also need a small four port switch and I am also not sure how to connect to it to configure it. I see the CLI port, and am not sure what I need for that. I also believe I would need a POE injector for the wireless access point.

I thank you for your help as I am new to this arena.

-J

You need router for ap to work
If you get stand alone ap Poe should come with it

What is your home floor plan

One ap or router can’t power entire home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you read any of the the tutorials, guides, and reviews on this site ?
start there.
I will be honest and tell you I have spent most of my time on the site in the Asus merlin section. Could you point me in the right direction? I'd appreciate the guidance.

Thank you,

J

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!