What's new

watch out where you buy an ac88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronald francey

Occasional Visitor
the result of a brand new out of the box failure. this is the end of my rma:

"Hello Ron Francey,

Please be advised that the unit you have sent in for service was not sold by Asus w/in the US and only carries a local warranty in the country it was originally sold. My apologies, but we are unable to provide repair service on this unit at this time. Your unit will be returned back to you as is/unrepaired. Thank you."

any recourses recommended??? I paid $250 for the unit as an innocent buyer.

groan.

also, i just received a new arris sb8200 from amazon prime yesterday. u thought i'd be at the top of the world.

groan.

help!!!

The same answer I got from ASUS, for a graphic card that was bad (DOA), the difference was that they did not want to accept the RMA, why I do not live in the United States and the product I bought in the United States (Amazon), but Amazon the refund without problems.

I recommend you, return it and ask for full refund in amazon or where you buy it and buy the RT-AC86U is better and newer than the RT-AC88U.

Last edited:
I recommend you, return it and ask for full refund in amazon or where you buy it and buy the RT-AC86U is better and newer than the RT-AC88U.
The same answer I got from ASUS, for a graphic card that was bad, but amazon the refund without problems.

i bought the asus from gearbest out of china and that is what asus will not repair here in the usa. i had no idea i'd have this problem. the arris sb8200 is a cable/modem i purchased from amazon.

The best service I've had from RMA has been from Logitech.

I bought a Logitech G903 mouse for amazon to play Fortnite, it worked without problems (it was new), I complained in its reddit page that improve the quality of your product because I bought a new mouse, but it came with some scratches on the mouse feet and my mouse was scratching the mouse pad, now I had to invest more money buying a new set of mouse feet or change the mouse by amazon. (I uploaded photos of mouse feet)

They answered me, please create an RMA and paste the reddit link of my complaint in the.

I did it and they responded the same day, that they will send me a new set of mouse feet and that I forgive them for the problem.

While I was using my old mouse Zowie FK1, after a while the package arrived at my house and I was surprised it was not an envelope, it was a heavy box and when I opened it I looked inside, there was a new mouse G903 and a new set of mouse feet for my other mouse. (now I have another G903 as backup and 2 years of warranty)

How I wish that this was also the ASUS support service.

Last edited:
i bought the asus from gearbest out of china and that is what asus will not repair here in the usa. i had no idea i'd have this problem. the arris sb8200 is a cable/modem i purchased from amazon.
If ASUS do not change it, sell it as bad by eBay to maybe recover some money.

I recommend you, If you buy an ASUS product, only buy through AMAZON (excellent refund), sometimes for not waiting or buy cheap turns out to be expensive.

Last edited:

Hi, have looked for this product on Amazon without success, are you sure you have spelt it correctly?? Was interested in its specs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is fashion.

Sometimes one thinks that the router is bad, but maybe only is the power supply and changing it fixes the problem or is a bad/defective firmware flash that is solved following that guide.

If you are going to follow the guide, first download the firmware for RT-AC88U from the previous post or here:

Last edited:
It is standard industry practice to provide warranty for products purchased in the country where you are applying for warranty service. This is to fight against "gray market" sales.

It is standard industry practice to provide warranty for products purchased in the country where you are applying for warranty service. This is to fight against "gray market" sales.

i'm 74 years old and did not know this. i just requested an rma from the seller in china. we'll see how that works out. it will probably be a week before i get the asus back from usa asus. arghhh. glad i am retired. :)

If it was DOA then contact the reseller. It's their responsability.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

If it was DOA then contact the reseller. It's their responsability.

Yep...

BTW - it's up to the company (Asus) to prevent grey market sales, not the consumer - and in many countries and states, Asus may be legally liable to honor the warranty due to consumer protection laws.

Yep...

BTW - it's up to the company (Asus) to prevent grey market sales, not the consumer - and in many countries and states, Asus may be legally liable to honor the warranty due to consumer protection laws.

how do i find out if asus usa must honor the warranty? ... even though unit purchased from china.

"Hello Ron Francey,

Please be advised that the unit you have sent in for service was not sold by Asus w/in the US and only carries a local warranty in the country it was originally sold. My apologies, but we are unable to provide repair service on this unit at this time. Your unit will be returned back to you as is/unrepaired. Thank you."

groan.

also, i just received a new arris sb8200 from amazon prime yesterday. u thought i'd be at the top of the world.

groan.

help!!!

"Hello Ron Francey,

groan.

groan.

help!!!

Hi,
If you are getting something it'd be better asking about warranty B4 you pay for it. Ever heard of grey market product? Probably you got it 'coz it was less expensive? I always ask around on the 'net
if I am thinking about buying something from not well known seller. Chalk it off as learning experience.
Did you contact about this issue to the seller?

If you are getting something it'd be better asking about warranty B4 you pay for it. Ever heard of grey market product?

Believe it - grey market product - it must work - either the seller or manufacturer has to cover things fresh out of the box...

go to the reseller first, but if they decline, the manufacturer is on the hook... hence my statement that Asus has the problem with Grey Market folks.

Please don't shift this on to the buyer..

It's generally industry practice to work with distributors and resellers to prevent "grey market" in the first place - as they're still on the hook for covering the product in markets it might not be intended for...

Camera Lenses and Watches used to be a deal there... sometimes it still is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!