What's new

[tools] Waveform Bufferbloat Test

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't trust online bufferbloat tests. Waveform shows me inaccurate up/down speeds (up to 50Mbps above my actual ISP speed) all the time. None of online bufferbloat tests is even close to real Internet use conditions. It's enough to set a speed limiter below ISP speeds and possible bufferbloat condition disappears. I use simple ping testing under load, nothing else. As long as ISP line is not saturated, ping tests are always low. Online bufferbloat tests only freak out people with no good understanding what bufferbloat is and when it may happen.

Worked quite well. Consistent results as compared to DSL Reports Speed Test. Waveform sure gives more info about test results and how to improve results.

I use fast.com then after the first auto run I changed settings to test loaded ping and upload. I don’t think it shows buffer bloat per se but it does show loaded and unloaded ping.

I don't trust online bufferbloat tests. Waveform shows me inaccurate up/down speeds (up to 50Mbps above my actual ISP speed) all the time. None of online bufferbloat tests is even close to real Internet use conditions. It's enough to set a speed limiter below ISP speeds and possible bufferbloat condition disappears. I use simple ping testing under load, nothing else. As long as ISP line is not saturated, ping tests are always low. Online bufferbloat tests only freak out people with no good understanding what bufferbloat is and when it may happen.
Hate them too, waveform never seems to record my UL and DL correctly.
I tend to use ping plotter if I want a look over what’s going on.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!